• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel lines on the -715

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have got the gas tank out and at the shop for Re-Nu treatment, now that the tank is out, I can service and replace the numerous gas and brake lines underneath the -725.

I'll tell you, without the rear driveshaft and gas tank in place, you can play a decent game of baseball under the -725! Lots of room to move!

I was going to replace the metal gas line running alongside the frame with a rubber or plastic line. My friend says no, replace metal with metal. My argument is that rubber/plastic will not rust, his argument is that the rubber or plastic line will wear out in 2 to 3 years.

Who is right?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd go back with metal for a few reasons-

First, that's how the manufacturer built it-they didn't spend that extra money just for the fun of it.

I suppose it is possible running something over (like a broken glass bottle) could puncture a rubber fuel line-improbable, but it's happened to radiator hoses…..

ida34

The rubber lines easily chafe and get holes. There are many points on the frame that would cause it to chafe and being flexable it will never stay where you want it. Only put rubber in at a place that has to flex. The fuel lines took 30 some odd years to rust out. If you are really worried about it install stainless lines. They will not rust.

EastCoastKaiser

Definately stick with metal lines, for all the reasons listed above plus depending on how strict your DMV inspections are there is a maximum run your allowed with rubber hose because it is not self supporting. In other words it doesn't support its own weight and will sag if not supported every few inches.

Below is a quote I got from Classic Tube to replace every single line in my M715 with stainless.

1967 Kaiser-Jeep M715 Brake, Fuel, Vent, and Vacuum Line Inventory

Brake lines: $199.00
* Master Cylinder to Pressure Switch
* Left Front
* Right Front
* Pressure Switch to Coupler on Left Frame
* Coupler to Rear Flex Line Above Axle
* Left & Right Rear Axle Lines

Fuel Lines:
* From Fuel Tank to Fuel Pump(3 pc) = $140.00
* Fuel Pump to Carburetor = $25.00

Vent & Vacuum Lines:
* Distributor Vent Inlet (front of cyl head) = $12.00
* Distributor Vent Inlet Stub (top of distributor) = $5.00
* Distributor Vent Outlet = $20.00
* Fuel Vent Line From Pump to Air Cleaner = $15.00
* Bellhousing Vent Line = $20.00
* Front Axle Vent Line = $25.00
* Rear Axle Vent Line = $8.00
* Long Vacuum Inlet (to left cyl head) = $20.00
* Vacuum Inlet Elbow at Pump = $8.00
* Vacuum Outlet Elbow at Pump (to wipers) = $8.00
* Bellhousing Tee to Transfer Case Vent Hose = $5.00

All Lines Are Stainless Steel With Stainless Fittings

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks