• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WA Weigh Stations

Olywadan

I know it's been discussed before but I was wondering if any WA people have any experience with this. There is so much conflicting info out there.

At Nisqually (mp 115 I-5N) there is a sign that says any vehicle over 16k GVWR needs to stop. Just wondering who does and what the CVEOs say about it.

Also, a m35a2 w/ capacity (13.5k+10k) and a m105 (2.6k+3k) would put you over 26k. So technically you'd need a CDL right? Does this still apply if it's non-commercial?

Just trying to do the right thing.

AN/ARC186

Oly,

I used to pass that weigh station daily, I stopped in once with the M35 because I wondered the same thing.
here's what I was told by the nice officers.
1) No CDL needed for an M35 even pulling a trailer.
2) No need to stop, it is for commercial vehicles only.
3) now get that thing out of here , your smoking us out....

srodocker

Yea i've never stopped either. Its only for commercial vehicles. hehehe and when the trucks all get in the right lane gives me a chance to get in the middle lane and past them all!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to the weigh master for Clackamas county. He said they are only interested in commercial trucks, and the MVs and hobby trucks just get in their way. The reason their heads snap as we drive by the scale is that the trucks are cool. And they like cool trucks.

cobra5

All weigh stations are commercial only. I'm not a professional driver but I do have a DOT medical and sometimes have to take a company truck cross country to deliver parts. The truck is commercial licensed and just over the 26K weight limit. Everytime I've went through the weight stations they just flag me through. These guys are more concerned with the big rigs. Of course if they notice something that isn't right they will talk to you.

Deucenut

I'd be careful saying "All weigh stations are commercial only". The one weigh station I passed in Nebraska while I was towing my deuce home stated very plainly that pickups towing trailers must stop. States may have different laws. That was the only weigh station I had to stop at on that trip though.

quickfarms

This is a state by state issue.

This thread is about WA state.

Most state laws state all commercial vehicles must stop. The core issue is how each state views our MV, are they commercial or not?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks