• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New And Better

dmetalmiki

Here is the final version Engine Oil Pre-Lube Pump. It work really well. I am so pleased with this pump I shall now go through and replace all my previouse pre-lube pumps with this type. Runs quieter, Primes soonish. raises pressure to engine oil system relief valve pressure, thus priming all system and turbo. The starts (especially on my 5 tons) are VERY much quieter. As is the start run.

Pump is german bosch, Gear pump. (would prime to 15Bar.). I switch off the primer at Max gauge pressure after I feel all the system is fully primed.

Video'd the start of my 5 ton REO to show.

(tried to start a new thread in mechanical modifications, but could not see a "start new thread" button. tried others = ok. start new thread went back to mechanical = no start new thread. ) Advices? comments.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
what about some build info, that is something we can all use, thanks [thumbzup]

dmetalmiki

Build

Ok , Will take pictures of this pump. I have placed posts before on a different type of (unreliable pump as it turned out) on utube, and S.S. But to re-cap. (the title of one post I think last year) To keep it simple (the job) Remove sump plug. Relace with a 3/4 hydraulic hose union. Hose goes to pump which sits in chassis cradle just behind engine. (plenty of room). Hose from pump goes to Ist oil filter HOUSING where I drilled a 3/4 union fitting hole and braised (in the side). Wire it up through a 24volt starter solenoid or similar, to low voltage switch in cab (see video) and previouse posts. And yepee, really full oil pressure on start up. Actually I got so used to these pumps, that when my deuce pump broke..I could NOT BEAR! to attempt a start! with it..and waited for a new type to arrive. Honestly The engines are so unbelievaby Smooth and Quiet on fire up I just COULD NOT go back to Sitting there (tensing tum and "wishing" the gauges up anymore!. OH..& this utube vid is a quicker view M/be

HAPPINESS IZ PRESHURE.AVI - YouTube

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks