• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting parking brake lever mod (PIC)

Jetnoise400

At a recent event I attended, there were a couple of HMMWVs on display. Both were quite obviously fresh out of rebuild with perfect paint, tires, interior, etc. But most noteworthy was this little mod that I saw on the parking brake lever. It looks like it's a safety stop to prevent bumping the brake lever and accidentally releasing the brake. Clever idea, easy to make, and would work for most M series vehicles that have that type parking brake lever (HMMWV, deuce, M151A2, etc.... Looks like with a slight modification, it could be used with a padlock too.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those have been arround for several years.. They were mod manufactured at unit levels, before the A2 style hand brake came out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks