• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Check Ride

ONTOS66

Here is my M1009. I got it registered and it passed NJ state inspection with no problems. The dog informed me that he didn't like the back seat - big dog, not real comfortable seat. So the seat has been removed. Last weekend being Veterans Day weekend I drove the M1009 for 3 days - lots of interested looks - some waves and smiles. (The dog thinks they were waving at him - dobie ego) In this photo he and I are combining a test ride with my job at the park - used some power line roads and remote areas of the park to check the 4-WD, etc. Commo gear install is next on the list. Looking through some references I find that the multiple antenna locations were probably a result of "Phase I" and "Phase II" installations. Being a 1984 the original antennas were probably on the right and left rear. Later they were relocated to the midship position on each side. I'll try to scan the installation sheet and add it to the tech library.

Attachments

guardguy

I can tell I'm going to have to get one of these now too... if this keeps up my wife is going to think I'm a lost cause... although it may already be too late to worry about that. ;) . My 2nd vehicle was a 1973 K5 Blazer (gasoline civilian model) and I loved it. Was a billy goat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks