• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T118 head gasket, same as 218&230?

98taco3

Looks like the valves in the fire truck are stuck enough to warrant pulling the head to free them up. Its got a T118 engine in it, any idea if its the same head gasket as a 218 or 230? Got to be dang close since its still an L head. Got a pile of 230 and 218 stuff and it would be nice to use it, any ideas?

Mike

Capt.Marion

What size is the T118? 236?

You might also poke around on some of the Dodge power wagon forums that are around. They might be more familiar with a wider variety of Dodge truck powerplants from that time period.

Last edited:

98taco3

Not sure on that one. I dont have any experience outside of the 230. Got to be marked somewhere, wasnt actually aware there was a 228 or 236. Doesnt seem to be much info online either, not many seem to mess with the T118s.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Not sure on that one. I dont have any experience outside of the 230. Got to be marked somewhere, wasnt actually aware there was a 228 or 236. Doesnt seem to be much info online either, not many seem to mess with the T118s.
I'm pretty sure they are the same. I know the T223 and T245 use the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks