• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South West Florida Members

Goose2448

Alright, I know for a fact that I am not the only one in the South West Florida Area. Im talking Punta Gurda to Naples, Including Cape Coral and Fort Myers and any other area in between. Since I have been down here, a most a year now, I have not meet, or even spoke too another member in this area.

I was thinking we could have a get together like some of the guys I know from back up north. Like a Saturday or Sunday Morning thing, or the best for me would be like a Saturday evening, I work on Saturdays sometimes.

I'm just throwing out ideas right now, but I think most of the guys would agree that Fort Myers Beach is in the middle, and they have a really good Hooters there, that I frequent a lot. :grin:

I always like getting to know the SS guys, and something like this could be a big benefit for our area.

broadsword71

Okay, so now there are 3 of us. I know there is an active member out near Alva, so maybe 4. We could have a party! LOL
There's one more 3 streets over from me with a nice WWII jeep. I would really like to go on a trail ride somewhere. I love the woods and off roading. But I don't abuse my stuff, but test it to its limits for sure! I have a place in Bonita Springs I go to by myself quite often. I'd love to find a new place. Greenbriar in lehigh acres I think is still accessible. Olga, Felda are places in Ft Myers. But I don't know the exact area. Just followed guys there in my pickup years ago. I will be at Redneck Yacht Club Labor Day weekend! Stay in touch or pm me your cell and we can get something together.

Goose2448

Yeah there is a few small trails up near my uncle's property in Punta Gorda. There also used to be wheeling just north of my house here in the cape until some dumb kids did some stupid stuff and got it all shut down. I would love to check out some of these places you speak about. I am out of town this weekend, but will be back next week. I only have weekends free and only have the burb for wheeling. You will find me at Hooters on the beach on a friday or sat night.

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Goose I'm in Fort Denaud inbetween Alva & Labelle. Getting to gether sounds great maybe a monthly get to gather. If anyone is interested I'll host a sept get to gather picnic Saterday afternoon.2cents

Goose2448

^^^You were the guy I was talking about! HAHA Is that bridge still out? If so, your gonna have to give me some direction to get out there. And yeah, a picnic sounds great. You pick the time and date, and we shall be there.

Fred, do you have a 818? There is always one parked at a shop off of Andalusia. Never had a chance to stop in and see whos it was. And I am at Pine Island and Burnt Store, SW but its more NW

Fred431

Not mine but I now the one your talking about I have seen other MV,s there over the past several winters. I keep meaning stop but havnt yet Im off Tropicana near Chiquita

broadsword71

GENTS----the only thing that stops me from doing what I would really like to the morons that drive around here is consequences!!! Hand to GOD! I would be the Red Barron of FL roadways if not!!! The only FL deuce with a snow plow for a preview....

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Goose,

Check the Search link for "Calling All SS Floridians." Might also prompt others to join the list. :beer:

Goose2448

The simple reason I went BMW over Deuce and a Half is the drivers around here. I drive a F550 for work. Its huge, about the same size as a deuce and weighs the same too, its a 6 speed, and I am always towing something. There is nothing worse than this traffic driving the F550. No wonder you never see semis out during the day down here. Thats why I dont have my deuce yet, and the BMW is faster than greased lighting. :driver:

broadsword71

Any word on this get together?[/

You guys ever been to Redneck Yacht Club??? I'm going there Labor Day weekend. There are several MV guys going. I been busy on mods with my deuce and bow season opened. It's only a couple weeks away. You wanna plan on meeting up that weekend? We're camping all weekend. Should be a blast as usual!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks