• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

waste oil/waste trans fluid mix for Deuce use

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Does anyone have experience mixing waste oil or transmission fluid with diesel and using as fuel for multi-fuel engines? If so, what %'s are you finding acceptable?

rdixiemiller

I have run between 25 and 50% waste motor oil with no issues other than the smell at higher concentrations.
25% is a good place to start. I pump my oil from a drum with a hand operated fuel pump with a regular diesel fuel filter/separator on it.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run used motor oil at different %'s. The price of diesel is the major factor. when the price goes up so does the amount of oil i use. Never more than 50%. Usally 25 to 30%.
I had problems with the primary fuel filter stopping up. But i bought a centrafuge and started slinging the soot out. You can also dump some gas in with the used oil to thin it a bit, if your worried. Be sure your FDC is hooked up and working!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What is "FDC"?
The fuel density compensator. Do a search for it in the deuce forum and you'll find lots of info.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks