• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Camper?

Barron

Took the Van Truck out finally for a day of fooling around in the desert. The M1078 was delivered in 1998, and I rolled over 1400 miles while out in the desert. It had a bad knock under the cab, it was the intercooler piping hitting the tunnel, easy fix.
everything works, even the CTIS. These are pretty quiet in the cab, the heater works good, drive great on the road, but man what a beast in the hills, It feels like it's going to roll all the time, and sitting in front of the wheels, going down steep terrain, you feel like you're going to scrape your nose.

These things are way over complicated for a 2.5 ton truck, with the cab tilt and spare tilt etc. It came with the T.O.'s a new spare set of steps, a new snatch block from an M936, both power cables, 2 jacks, and a case of mil dex III in the tool box. No leaks, just did a regular servicing on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

tamangel

Barron, by chance did you document your camper box and truck build up? Would be nice to it how it was done, step by step.. Great looking, new-school, rig..

Mike

Barron

The Schwans food delivery truck guy saw it today and was pretty Jealous. I told him I wanted some big Schwans stickers for the side of the van.

Ord22

how did you come to find this truck? its amzing they are slipping into the private sector. nice looking truck. where did you find this one?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks