• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IR light m1030

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Most if not all M1030 series did not have an IR light, they came with standard headlight with a black out driving driving light mounted on it. Ones that have IR were usually added by the unit and replace the factory headlight with two armored lights, one IR one white. Which model to you have? First 2 pic are my bikes 2 green are USMC with stock light st up, desert was a Army bike with the B/O and the IR/white set up. Last pic is the B/O light by itself.

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
BTW the rear B/O marker is mounted under the rear shelf and is a close cousin to a CUCV rear but has 3 leads. Hope this helps

Attachments

fallen

Just traded for 1 that by buddy restored. He mounted an armored IR light beside the head light. It came with the switch on the handlebar but the light itself had been remove. The armored light he added is mounted at a 90 degree angle and although it looks cool it shakes like crazy when you actually ride the thing. I like the idea of changing it to the two light set up. thanks

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just traded for 1 that by buddy restored. He mounted an armored IR light beside the head light. It came with the switch on the handlebar but the light itself had been remove. The armored light he added is mounted at a 90 degree angle and although it looks cool it shakes like crazy when you actually ride the thing. I like the idea of changing it to the two light set up. thanks
The armor lights have a mounting stud through a rubber bushing. When new, they're tight, but after taking a beating they can become loose and that's probably why they shake so much. Check with Aswayze, he has, or had, them.
Pics of the armor lights with an IR filter and with a clear lens, and the mounting stud.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
These lights shake pretty good also, they (Army) had removed the stock rubber mount out of one light and ran the mounting bolt through to it. This is a bad picture of the stock light switch that come on the bikes.
#32 (permalink) one of these jacked up lights islandguydon got would be perfect for doing this mod so you don't have to destroy a good one.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks