• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 Studebaker found it's way home Saturday

guardguy

Picked up my new M35 Saturday. Trip started out slow... M109 kept stalling at about the 5 mile or so mark with the fuel line full of bubbles. Swapped out the fuel pump and now with a more powerful flow rate, it would stall out at about 3 or 4 miles. Decided we didn't like the looks or smell of the fuel in the tank so we pumped it out (was really foamy and ugly brown - didn't smell like diesel) and replaced it with new diesel. Also cleaned out the primary fuel filter (was full of gobs of stuff) M109 made it the 30-35 miles only stalling once about 3/4 of the way there. Ran fine the rest of the time.

Attached the towbar and headed out. Cut too sharp and quick a right turn at the 1st stop sign and learned a quick lesson. Thought I had broken the steering linkage of the Studey but it was just trying to find the centerline again. Front tires were flopping back and forth like windshield wipers. We got it lined back up and the rest of the trip was uneventful. Not bad for 1st time towing with a towbar. :)

19?? M109 Shop Van
1953 Studebaker M35

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks