• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh Boy! New Toy!!

ONTOS66

This one I can blame on you guys!

A short time ago one of the members did a road trip which, of course, involved stopping at every weed covered field containing piles of rusting military metal - aka salvage yards. Soooo, the topic of Pioneer Tool Trailers emerged - new to me. So I asked some questions, and moved on.

Then it happened - a Pioneer Tool Trailer was offered for sale locally. Actually, he called it a 3/4 ton shop trailer - but under that peeling paint and surface rust I recognized it for what it truly was. A pretty cool (looking through the filter of an MV collector) piece of equipment.

It needs sandblasting and paint, and new hinges, and .... you know how that goes. But it rolls and will be following me home later this week. I'm hoping that I can get some temporary storage space at work to keep it out of the weather.

Does anyone have access to a manual for this trailer? Also the model number? The data plate was painted over so won't be able to read it for awhile - assuming it will clean up.

All this fun for only $250 - Christmas came early!!

Attachments

citizensoldier

$250!!!!!! You stole it man! Nice trailer and easy fix.. I am jealouse... You can get new data plates for it and the manuals are around.. Patrayol press I think..
Its a M116 chassie the same as a M101 box trailer.. I think its a A1 by the tail lights. Same rim/hub as a M37.
They also used that frame for a generator version. Nice wanna sell it for $300? :jumpin: :D Buddie ol palzy walzy??? haha??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats my old one all right. Traded it for a parts deuce that I put together and later piggybacked to Ohio and back. WCJIV now has it and its looking great.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad I could start a thread to feed your addiction!

Those pioneer tool kit trailers at Coleman's in PA are still there for $500 ea.

citizensoldier

Still want to do a Colemans load. Its just the leaves fell of the money tree and 5 tons were popping up all around us.. Never planned on that trip untill later this winter. Probably after the 1st so I can see what the tax man takes... Things are real tight here in Michigan right now. Need to get a semi load to make it worth it..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks