• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mule engine swap

JAYHAWK 1962

does anyone know how difficult it would be to adapt a large lawnmower type engine to a mule. i saw a picture of someone who adapted a 13 hp engine to one. thanks in advance.

natem

Any thing can be done, with enough time and money. I have seen a mule with a VW motor installed, also one with a diesel generator motor. Just know all other than 2 or 4 cyl. mule motor will stick out above the deck.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Don't know much about these engines (Teledyne NSN 2805-01-278-5846) but has anyone tried these or seen it done? It is a small low profile engine.
could work... but heavy modifications would need to be done for it to work.. to the bed, frame tubes, and bell housing, ect....

green goat

Ok thanks. Doesn't sound like as easy a swap as I thought it might be. A friend's dad has aulzheimer's and parkinson's at the same time and she is left to sell everything off. He doesn't have any mules but has these still in the crate, not sure if they are new or rebuilt but appear to be in new condition. Mule engines was my first thought but wondering now if it might be more of a generator or engine for compressor maybe.
Thanks again for the help. Ronnie

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks