• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speaking Of Armor ...

ONTOS66

I ran across this last week during my travels. It seems that the Parsippany, NJ VFW post obtained an nice lawn ornament: an M60A3 tank! No one was around, but it was a recent delivery judging by the tracks in the lawn. I'm guessing that it arrived for Veterans Day. Its nice to see some of our armor being saved. Several years ago (1990s actually) the NJ National Guard demilitarized and removed all pol from a batch of tanks, apcs, and other armor and dumped them in the ocean off the NJ coast to build an artificial reef. Somewhere I have a copy of the article, I'll post it when it surfaces - the armor won't. :)

The truck in the foreground is my "office."

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, that is really nice. I'm glad they were able to save it and put it on display. Now if the VFW guys actually got to take it out and drive it every so often, that would be great!!

M60A3tanker

I really loved the M60A3 tank, we tried to get a running M60A3 tank several years ago for the eagle field museum in Dos Palos, Ca. but the only way was to get a dead one. what a boat anchor of yard art. if anyone needs info on the M60A3 i have TM & FM manuals for the turret & hull also weapons & misc. but no extra's to sell sorry

Tanks, Jess

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks