• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

809 series to 939 series cab swap

KsM715

I would think if you swapped the cab you would have to swap the whole front end. The cab is something like a foot wider. I doubt the hood and cowl would line up without some major body work.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
10" wider to be nearly exact. FWIW, the width of the front of the 939 cab is almost exactly the same width as the back of the 809 series cab. Something for the crewcab afficianado to consider.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think if you swapped the cab you would have to swap the whole front end. The cab is something like a foot wider. I doubt the hood and cowl would line up without some major body work.
Could always give the hood the A3 treatment.

eldgenb

I was going to do this for a ntc400 swap into a 813 I had, at the time the 9 series were not at auction like they are now, I would just as soon buy an 9 series, sell the 8 series and be ahead of the game.

Csm Davis

I think the best thing about the 939 series is the cab and hood it makes working on the trucks much easier and much more room inside thinking about making a uparmored cab, looks fairly straight foward and could actually just chop my cab to add the extra width and maybe a little streched front to rear so front of cowl would match up. Don't hold back if you have good reasons why I shouldn't do it but I think the extra weight up front would be a plus when towing.

Doubled

10" wider to be nearly exact. FWIW, the width of the front of the 939 cab is almost exactly the same width as the back of the 809 series cab. Something for the crewcab afficianado to consider.
Ok so I,m one of those guys with the crewcab afficianado. :mrgreen:

I'm new to the MV's but not at body work and fabricating. I picked up a couple 818 tractors and was thinking of bobbing and crew cabbing one but haven't seen them yet.

Are you saying the cab tapers from front to rear 10"? If so what would be the best cab to crew? or combination of cabs to crew?

Csm Davis

Cab width

Ok so I,m one of those guys with the crewcab afficianado. :mrgreen:

I'm new to the MV's but not at body work and fabricating. I picked up a couple 818 tractors and was thinking of bobbing and crew cabbing one but haven't seen them yet.

Are you saying the cab tapers from front to rear 10"? If so what would be the best cab to crew? or combination of cabs to crew?
Not a problem, good questions, not sure of exactly what the taper is but with a 809 and 393 series hardtop laying one behind the other it looks really doable so if you wanted to keep the stock taper going I would look at using a 939 behind a 809 series cab, but I was saying a 939 is 10 inches wider than a 809.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks