• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 volt -> 12 volt

mo-mudder

Hey guys and gals, First post, so here goes.
Taking delivery of my very first MV, a 52 GMC XM211 I believe, cuz the guy said it used to have a dump bed. The fuel tank is supposedly full of gunk, so I was going to add a fuel cell and a holley electric fuel pump, as well as some other 12 volt accessories. I was wondering what all was entailed in converting from 24 volt to 12 volt. I understand that a civilian distributor and coil are required, but aside from that, what? I would think a 12 volt starter and altenator also. I searched on here for a voltage conversion, but all I found was some stuff for a 24->12 volt for a CUCV.

Also, are the fuel pumps on these, from the factory, electric or engine driven?
Are the brakes air over hydraulic as on the M35's?
What's the FIRST thing I oughta do when I get it home?
-oil change
-filter service
-brake system inspection
-oh, of course, post pics

Anything else I'm missing?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks