• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV restoration

Barron

I always thought of this as an airplane, not a MV, but I guess it is...
I purchased this T-6 in 2006 and restored it. Took about 3000 man hours to complete. It still has all the original skins, and will just blind you in the sun.
It's the only restoration I've ever done, just because of the time and money involved, but it turned out beautiful.

The Black and white photo is of the aircraft in Everett WA, in 1970.

Attachments

Last edited:

eagle4g63

That is absolutely beautiful!!!:drool:

And here we complain about how much a deuce costs in the long run!!! That restoration had to cost a small fortune.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow. Awesome T-6. In my mind classic military aircraft are the definition of beautiful machines. Fantastic work.

Barron

Is the Owl's Head Transportation museum in NH? This airplane used to be in the museum there, and was for a time in the Pensacola Naval Air museum on loan from Patty Wagstaff who owned it for a time.

vtdeucedriver

Is the Owl's Head Transportation museum in NH? This airplane used to be in the museum there, and was for a time in the Pensacola Naval Air museum on loan from Patty Wagstaff who owned it for a time.
Yes in NH.........................I am partial to the round ones. Ever since I was born in 71, my dad and my uncle finnished the restoration of the N3N in 76 that we still own today and I have been riding behind her oily windshield ever since :beer:

Barron

N3N's are awesome little planes. I have a picture somewhere of my Old hangar filled with them back in the 40's. I'll see if I can find it.

vtdeucedriver

N3N's are awesome little planes. I have a picture somewhere of my Old hangar filled with them back in the 40's. I'll see if I can find it.
OMG PLEASE!!!! For a number of years I have been collecting pics of N3N's for the registry. I am trying to account and document all 816 that were built.

Let me guess.........AZ, late 40's.............Crop Dusters and Marsh Aviation?

drbombe

As a pilot

I am impressed, what a beautiful job, had to cost a fortune. How does it fly now? Did the re-build affect anything in the handling?

usafe7ret

I'm curious about the Nazi Flags and Locomotives painted on under the canopy. I wasn't aware that the T-6 was ever armed for air-to-air or air-to-ground. I could believe the Locomotives with some rocket pods, but still, if you have any background info about it for this plane, I'd appreciate it.

Beautiful aircraft! That finish reminds me of polishing the T-33 in front of my basic dorm at Lackland. God I hated that thing, but it sure did shine!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks