• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee IED Contact

CharlesKing

Been working on this for some time now and still got a little brushing up and small details to add before I am satisfied. Oh yeah, will be adding a figure or two.

The inspiration for this little vignette comes from a photo I had seen on the net. I think it was taken in Afghanistan. So far this is my interpretation of such a scene of an IED Humvee attack; The name of the dio would be announced after I decide on the figures:

Here is the pic from which I got my inspiration:

Attachments

466Navastar

great detail - exceptional modeling skills for sure....just think maybe an insurgent Iraqi getting the short end of the stick would be easier to look at

CharlesKing

I still want to know how that exactly happened in the first place.... lol...
I have been contemplating the end result and the only thing I could come up with is an extremely powerful I.E.D. enough to lift the front end of the vehicle and by some extreme timing forced the Humvee into a ditch or deep crevice. Now I am no Expert or an army personel but looking at things from a physics point of view, it sounds reasonable.

nchittendon

Great work!
Its hard to tell just how deep it is in the ground. Looks like it slid, or was dragged from the foreground.
And that ass kicker with the faded kit and beard......not standard issue. Lol

Lordragnar

Wow man, I am an avid scale modeler and have been around the competition circuit and I have to say, you are very talented!!! Friggin outstanding work man, do you use washes and drybrushing, or are you new school, using dot filters and color modulation?

CharlesKing

Wow man, I am an avid scale modeler and have been around the competition circuit and I have to say, you are very talented!!! Friggin outstanding work man, do you use washes and drybrushing, or are you new school, using dot filters and color modulation?
Thanks. I still consider a newbie in this hobby. I use a mixture of different techniques from common to any method that may seem to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks