• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 LMTV New Tires, thanks PCTRANS

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This morning, I drove down to PCTRANS' shop in Palmetto to replace my Michelin/Goodyear mismatch tires. Pete was able to hook me up with two 95% Goodyear 395/85 R20s, so now I have four matching tires. The truck ran great down the interstate to his place. Pete was great, we only ran into a couple minor snags with the CTIS hoses/adapters.

I was also able to pick up a spare for the truck. This was the first time using the spare tire hydraulic lift system, which worked great.

I still have not any any major issues with the LMTV. I did have a problem with none of the lights working, it turned out to be a bad relay. The voltage regulator was also putting out low volts, but after I tinkered with the connectors it jumped back to normal.

Thanks again for your help Pete.

Attachments

treessw

:ditto::drool: How much for the little LMTV? How much for the LMTV? Your LMTV. I want to buy your LMTV. The little LMTV, your LMTV... sell it to me. Sell me your LMTV!

Attachments

Last edited:

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets see some pics of the spare tire hoist! Truck looks great.
I have no idea why I didn't take any video or pictures when we were loading up the spareaua I will try to get out tomorrow take a few photos and video!!
:ditto::drool: How much for the little LMTZ? How much for the LMTZ? Your LMTZ. I want to buy your LMTZ. The little LMTZ, your LMTZ... sell it to me. Sell me your LMTZ!
I have some sandblasting and painting to do soon, after that, this Bad Boy might be on the auction block!!

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The GA Rally will be held the second week(end) in Oct. (I think).

It will be posted well in advance and there are always a bunch of FL folks attending...you should be able to covoy up with some others if you can connect up with them.

Elmo says come on up "it'll be a HOOT!!!!!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks