• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1400x20's on Marsh 1 piece rims

Patgonia53

I have 5 1400 x 20'sthat I need to get on to Marsh 1 piece rims..... any suggestions... it seems almost impossible by hand... What is the trick to doing this.. (I know the bar and big hammer part)

Gunner0311

Another suggestion

Also, do not try this by yourself! You might need someone else to dial 911 for you
after the steel bar hits you in the head and knocks you out. :-o

Sorry, I am not kidding about this.

My son and I put 395R20s on a wheel and it took us an hour, and we were flat out
exhausted when finished:shock:

A

A/C Cages

Best, least painfull (except in the wallet) way to change a tire, hire someone else and sit back and laugh at them. lol

Patgonia53

I got 2 mounted with a Ken_tool "Superserpent bar".... 3 to go... I used 3 bead holders.... (not vice grips)... and it was a b_tch... but got it done... 3 more to go
(4 for the bobbed duece and 1 spare)

I used a heat gun to warm bead.... lots of lube and lots of elbow grease
I glad i "workout" every day... wish I was 20 yrs younger though!!!

thanks for the kind thoughts though

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yea I know tire shops up here at $20-$22 a tire to dismount and mount. Yeah it isn't worth my time to do it for that price.

But if you want to do it yourself. I can suggest a list of things to get.
1. A Monkey
2. A football

and you figure it out.

Tanner

But if you want to do it yourself. I can suggest a list of things to get.
1. A Monkey
2. A football

and you figure it out.
Hmmm... I was under the impression that the OP wanted to mount a set of tires, not teach the Jets how to play football... :mrgreen:

'Tanner'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks