• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who's going to Haspin?!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great, Elohim, I look forward to meeting you. I'm sure one of the guys will let you drive their deuce a little too if you haven't gotten yours by July. :deal:

Keep this thread going guys. I am trying to get an idea of how many folks we'll have on hand. If the numbers look good, I plan on contacting a couple of the 4-wheeling mags to see if they want to attend and do a write-up. [thumbzup]

liljohn

Still want to go. Waiting to hear back on a job I'm applying for, if I get that I'll have to make sure I can get the time off. Already two trips planned this summer and those I CANNOT miss (wedding and a graduation), so if I have to cut one it's unfortunately gonna be this. But I hope not, I really want to go.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked at the web site, looks like a nice place. I will already be off work, about a 6 hour drive, so I am going to try and make it. I will proably tow the camper, anywhere I can get a 24v to 12v transformer for the lights?.... Hmmmm....Maybe use the camper's battery, and get some 24v relays, trigger the relays with the duece lights, and power the camper lights with the battery?
Dennis

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the trail rides like? Are deuces allowed? If a 16,000 lb truck gets stuck, how will it be put back on the trail? Can someone test drive the trails? Pictures? What else is on the agenda? Of course, it would be fun to meet you all, but I'm not exactly a "party" type person, just an old guy who likes his deuce and want's to know what it can do away from home.
If I had the time and money, I'd gladly drive it to Nevada for a test drive in the desert :).

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great idea about the trail scouting Bjorn. I too thought of that while away this past week. I know there are a few SS members within an hour or so of Haspin. Can someone go check the place out and report back with photos if possible. When I talked to the owner he said there are trails of all sizes there, but he wasn't sure if anything like a deuce had ever been on them. He said some of them are plenty big for deuce sized vehicles, others are more Humvee sized, others are Jeep trails, and others are just for ATVs. I might try and get up there myself and do some scouting before July. I am not going to take my Dodge off-roading so maybe someone in Indy could meet me and haul my butt around? If somebody does go there please check out possible campsites too. The owner told me he has a dozer to pull out anyone too big or too stuck to be winched. I would think it would cost some $$ though, but maybe not.

As for other events, I'm thinking of some driver challenge type things that could be done with any MV. I am not going just to party either. I do plan on consuming some frosty beverages at the end of the day. Nothing hardcore though.

Any suggestions for driver challenge events? Time trials? Spare tire changing races?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to MapQuest, I'm roughly an hour away from Haspin. I've not been there, but I know a guy I used to work with has talked about it. I will try to get some insight from him. Also, I might be able to make it up there prior to July to check it out if someone wants to go along and hold the other end of the tape measure. :p - I'd hate for you all to show up on the advice of one guy.[2cents]

In regard to Bjorn's question,
cranetruck said:
If a 16,000 lb truck gets stuck, how will it be put back on the trail?
That's an easy one for him - just stretch out that HIAB crane, and hook it to your OWN bumper and lift yourself out. :lol: . . . well, it works in the cartoons, right?
Just kidding, I really like that knuckleboom- looks mighty handy.

Seriously though, If I can get the 5-ton up there, I will volunteer to hang out in the back of the pack to help out with extractions. As others have mentioned, I am not much of the "party" type, and I don't feel the need for the extreme, - just like to get those NDCCs off the blacktop.

Last thing, I know it's been said before, but this forum is awesome!!! Thanks to all who make it happen. I haven't posted much, but I read very intently.

Elohim1

Fred Rader and I were over at Haspin a couple weeks ago. He pulled his jeep over there with his Deuce and had alot of interested parties
inquiring about his Deuce :smilewinkgrin: . We try to get over there about every few weeks. I will see if Fred has got any Pics of the trails , most of the pics are of our jeeps over there. If he doesnt will get some good pice next time we go.

I would estimate that the trails you could drive the Deuce on is about 2-3hrs. worth, It kinda depends how daring you want to be. I believe there is 750 acres over there and if you have a Motocross bike or ATV , you have plenty of trails. [thumbzup] There are places to camp , however , if its a nice weekened the good places get taken early. But there is always somewhere to pull and camp. No electric or water though. But that doesnt bother Fred since he is a truck driver any way. :freaked:

Cost to get in the place is $15.00 per person.

They do have bulldozers and excavators to pull you out, if you got stuck. Never had to use these, as fred and I just have wheeled are jeeps over there and we have winches on them to pull us out.

Here is some pictures of our jeeps over at Haspin when it was WET !!

We will get some better pics. http://photobucket.com/albums/v22/Fred12345/haspin/

fredrader

There are showers and restrooms with water etc open all nite there and you just camp anywhere you want because there are no camping sites exactly you just find yourself a spot and squat [thumbzup] There are lots of hills and wide trails to play on but I alwats take a machete so I can trim limbs if need be...I'll be there and so will chris (Elohim1) and we will have both deuces and a couple jeeps with us..I had about 40 pics of the place but I deleted the album a while back :banghead: Haspin Acres has a web site with lots of pics and a pic of the entire area from a plane..I will get some more pics and post a link ASAP..
Here is a link to there site.. http://www.motocrosspark.com/home.html

fredrader

Elohim1 said:
I will be there for sure !!! No wife to ask !! [:)] and it within 35miles.
He's 35mi from it and I'm 32mi from him and he is rite on the way too...Oh yea you better change your signature from looking for a deuce to found a nice deuce [thumbzup]

Westech

CPL
OK I have a Idea.... yeah yeah yeah I know that dont happen too much anymore. But Lets try! Everyone who is going to Haspin go on mapquest and map out your path, or wright it down and send it to me. ( richwestbury901@hotmail.com) you dont have to start at your house if you dont want everyone knowing where you live. Here is my thinking, get everyones path fig'ed out, I will map all of them and then send out coppies ( mail, or email) that way everyone will know where everyone is and if anyone needs help we should be able to find then. Starting a huge 850 truck convoy willl be ez'er also.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great idea. I'll do mine right now and send it to you. Maybe you could get a route map made, scan it, and I can post it here too if need be.

The address is:
Haspin Acres
21208 Laurel Road
Laurel, IN 47024

fredrader

Here is a map but I don't go this way since it is closer to go thru the country across 725w to 127s to 73w to oxford oh then I just follow the directions on the Haspin Acres web site...my cell is 937-361-7267 if anyone needs help or info..I haven't been back to haspin yet to take some more pics but I will soon..

Miamisburg Oh 45342 to Laurel In ..65-70mi

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">[color=#000000>Haspin]</H1>
<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">From Miamisburg OH to Laurel, IN (estimated drive time 1 1/2 hrs.)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>[/color]

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>Taks]</o:p>[/color]

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>Take]<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">
<FONT color=#000000>73 West to Oxford
Once 73 Hits Oxford turn left
then take your first right
Follow Fairfield Rd. out of Oxford for 8 miles or so
Once the road Tees off at the Farm House turn left and go about ¼ mile
Then take the first right and go to
IN 101 North less than a mile
East on Fairfield Causeway Rd.
IN 1 North for 2 miles
West on Laurel Rd.
Continue on Laurel Rd. until Driveway (Haspin driveway hairpin left turn) before Dam Rd.<o:p></o:p>[/color]

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#000000>If you cross the bridge you just went 200yds past the driveway..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks