• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Craftsman compressor on sale

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wife just pointed out a 1HP, 3 Gal, 125psi is on sale tomorrow @ sears regular price $125 on sale for $80.

Is this big enough to paint my deuce? What about running a sand blaster?

mangus580

I suspect its going to have a hard time with painting.... and it certainly wont run a sand blaster. If its the style i am picturing, its made more for air nailers and such.

JDToumanian

Mike,
These days you've gotta watch out with Craftsman... Not all of their tools are made in USA any more. Particularly their power tools and air tools are primarily made in China and Taiwan, and the warranties they give on them ain't what it used to be.

If you are going to get an import compressor, check out Harbor Freight... You will find that frequently the different tool companies (Craftsman, Campbell Hausfield, Northern Tool, Harbor Freight, Delta, etc.) are actually selling the EXACT SAME PRODUCT, made in China, that has simply been re-branded and has a different paint job. For the identical tool, Harbor Freight will be much cheaper... also, most HF air compressor tanks are ASME certified (still made in China though).

FWIW, I have a 40 gallon Ingersol Rand and it can barely sand blast with my small siphon blaster... Blasting takes a LOT of air! Painting too, but I don't think as much so as blasting.

Get the biggest compressor you can fit / afford.

Regards,
Jon

BigJay

Just FYI there's signs hanging all over our sears that say "satisfaction garunteed". So when I got a sawsall and it broke after one use(4 months old) I went back and demanded another one. They tried to tell me 30 days only, I just said hey, I'm not satisfied and pointed to the sign. I got a new sawsall. I don't know where else to look for tools, I'm not spending Snapon money on tools I don't use every single day.

-Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks