• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No idea what this thing is. Any ideas? I am sure its not jeep...

OMP1973

So I found this about 10 miles from where I am picking up a couple M211's. I know it doesnt belong here but I have no idea what it is...

Attachments

AMGeneral

Kinda looks like a Army Signal Corps type K-18 radio van,but it is missing it's brush guard.

Should be between a 1938 and 1942 model year made by GMC,model CF 351.

Kind of a rare bird,258 made in 1941 and 109 in 1942.

EDIT,It is a K-18 Signal Corps van,either a 1941 or 42 model.

Stop and ask about it!!!!!

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just want to start singing Jeepers Creepers.
Isn't that the same vehicle in that movie? I think it was the first Jeeper Creepers movie?
Sure looks similar but looking at details: grill is different, front of hood has different shape, and latter picture does not look like cab is blended into the body...can't tell for sure.

That sure is a cool truck.

OMP1973

Any idea what it may be worth? Its pretty rough. Was dropped off by a flatbed trailer. There is a body shop across the street but they know nothing about it.

Matt

SPCWarning

It sure would make a neat little camper, and fix up the outside all Military! If possible, offer them scrap price for it. Who knows, you might have just found a diamond in the rough for cheap (depending on the condition of everything the pic doesn't show). If you can, we'd like to see pics of the inside and any other parts of the truck you can get pics of. That's just a cool old truck there! Thanks for the pic.

Jimmy

OMP1973

Nope its a 4x2. Duals in the rear. One a side note I do have a very poor condition M37. Combine the 2?

Matt

OMP1973

Found the owner. He wont sell. YET. It has been gutted. Retroed into a camper of sorts. I am hoping that he looses interest.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks