• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New F-35B Anyone seen it?

R Racing

They have been testing them at Pax for over a year now. The fist pilot they had was a female and man could she make that plane dance !! ;-) Biggest Problem there having now is major engine overheating issues and fuel issues on the project.

Nonotagain

They have been testing them at Pax for over a year now. The fist pilot they had was a female and man could she make that plane dance !! ;-) Biggest Problem there having now is major engine overheating issues and fuel issues on the project.
Jim,
The overheating issues aren't going to get better any time soon.
GE pulled the plug a couple of weeks ago on self funding the alternative engine, F136.
The GE/Rolls Royce team was a year later in the development of the alternative power plant. It became clear to our management that the government couldn't afford the second engine, so they abandoned the project.
It's too bad as GE has invested millions of dollars in high temperature metal and metal coatings technologies. The F136 operated almost 100 degrees C lower than the P&W engine.

Tanner

The real shame is that existing foreign aircraft will hand the F-35 it's balls back in a sack... reports coming in from testing tell tales of the JSF being a flying piece of trash -

Wish it were different, but the reports aren't positive. But it looks cool...

'Tanner'

joediveguy

That thing is bad ass! Check out all the fried non-skid under it. I was on an Aircraft Carrier, CV-60, that brought back a squadron on AV8B’s from the first Gulf War and when we got back stateside, they had to replace all the non-skid on the flight deck because the Harriers burnt it all off!

NEIOWA

The real shame is that existing foreign aircraft will hand the F-35 it's balls back in a sack... reports coming in from testing tell tales of the JSF being a flying piece of trash -

Wish it were different, but the reports aren't positive. But it looks cool...

'Tanner'
You can provide links to reliable additional info?

"There is lots of information to be found here on SS; some of it is even accurate..."

SMOKEWAGON66

Not that Im biased towards F-22's in any way (even though I can open the door 10 feet to my left and see one about 100 feet away) But from what I hear is the F-35 isnt doing so great on the whole....It doesnt come close to the maneuvering capabilities of the Raptor and is costing way more then LMAero said it would...thats what I heard. Plus when you set it next to a Raptor, it just looks so flimsy and small....and it loses all its charm haha...

..I have pictoral proof of this, but its at home on my dead laptop (**** virus!) when I get it back up, Ill post a pic of a Lightning II and a Raptor side by side ;)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks