• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone familiar with Fort Jackson GL?

NCH18

I bought a m1009 out of Fort Jackson and was hoping someone could lend me a little guidance.

It's the first thing I've gotten off of GL but I've read up here and understand the process pretty well I think. The problem is, I can only get off work for one day and I'm driving 4 hours for it so I absolutely gotta get it back that day and would prefer not to pay to ship it only to find out it was in decent driving shape.

I thought the best plan would be to have something set up in advance with a local shop with a good diesel mechanic and roll back so that if I can't get it going myself (listed as 'running condition unknown') I can call someone in to tow if to their shop and sort it out. Anyone got any recommendations for a shop in that area that would be familiar with a m1009? Seems like there should be some shops around there that are familiar with CUCVs and the GL process. I've also heard you can't drive them out of the lot at Fort Jackosn even if you get em running, is this true?

My dad's bought bigger stuff off GL (tractor trailers and wreckers) and he always gets a shop he trusts near Camp Lejeune to handle the pickup and check everything out on the vehicles before he comes down to get them. Might go this route too but don't want to waste the money if there turns out to be nothing major needing fixing.

I'm trying to catch up on all my research on here, reading everything I can but I found this site after I'd already won the auction so I gotta set up this pickup as soon as possible, running out of time.

Thanks, enjoying the site and getting into MVs!
:beer:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send a PM to Ferroequineoist. He lives near there, and is a preety good guy.

NCH18

That's quite an offer, thanks!. I'm in Cedar Grove, about 10 miles north of Hillsborough. What did you have in mind?

NCH18

Well, it looks like Ferro's gonna be able to help me out on this one. Thanks for the assist.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks