• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bed canvas support

6x6pinz

I went to CGarbee's website and found the dimensions on the bed canvas supports but did not find the dimensions for the runner which attaches all three bows together. A friend of mine is making the wood pieces for the bed(seats,sides, front and the canvas supports). I gave him some of the old pieces off the truck to copy and the dimensions for the bow supports but need the dimension for the center rib. Anybody able to get that for me?
Thanks, Mike

CGarbee

Sorry about that, I thought that I had posted the ridgepool dimension... :( I'll post it on Monday when I get home from vacation (update my webpage...). Anyway, the wood needs to be as long as the distance from the front edge of the front bow, to the rear edge of the rear bow, and should just slide into the clips (loops) attached to the bottom center of the bows. Add a hole inthe very center for the storage bolt (used to attached to the center side stake utilizing the captured nut in the side rack support) and you will notice that it is also useful for keeping the ridgeole in place when you are running with bows in place without canvas...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks