• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-Ton battery relocate and secret battery shut off

Hoefler

I purchased a 5-ton battery relocation kit from Andy, a fellow SS member. It came in today-very complete right down to the battery cables. Came on a skid well protected and it looks great-brand honkin new. Andy delivered as promised.
Its a nice assembly that gets the batteries and potential gasses outside of the cab where they belong. Smoking cigars while sitting on a bunch of batteries is never a good idea.
I really like the way these look on these trucks. Opening up the seat storage is nice too. Who would ever know to look under the seat for stuff to steal.
Along with this kit, I have purchased battery shut off switches from Erik. I will locate this shut off in a secret spot-when off. This in combination with the lockable battery door means I will have much greater security with my truck and stuff.
The old step/tool box that is coming of the 5-ton will be mounted on my M36A3-not certain which side, but it will make a nice addition to fill in the big gap in front of rear tires.
I will post pictures when I get it done.

Attachments

Hoefler

Batteries outside of cab should be no worry-cab mounted batteries are unusual for any vehicle. Will post progress pictures.
This item is a good score-she will look great on my truck. The space beneath the seat will be a great place to carry my dog (just kidding)!

Attachments

steelandcanvas

Batteries outside of cab should be no worry-cab mounted batteries are unusual for any vehicle. Will post progress pictures.
This item is a good score-she will look great on my truck. The space beneath the seat will be a great place to carry my dog (just kidding)!
Nice idea! Looking forward to the progress photos. Doesn't look like your Dog wants to venture too far off the couch in that photo.

Hoefler

Thanks for the compliment on the box-I just bought it-didnt design or build it. The shiny piece behind the box is a HEPA filter for the food process industry. We manufacture equipment for large food companies here. Most of what we design/build is stainless steel. See attached pictures.
We build really neat stuff-its very mechanical. I believe thats why I like MV stuff-its mechanical.
Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

Last edited:

Hoefler

Jared,
I got it from Eriks M35. He is a good guy to deal with.
It looks stout and should work well. Pull on the handle and rotate for cut off. I am planning on installing before or after relay switch for starter. The alternate would be right under the passenger seat making cabling to battery easier. Needs to be in a somewhat hidden spot.
Hope this helps.
Pete

Hoefler

Progress photo. Have the battery relocation box mounted but not wired yet. The truck came from GL with tired single color paint and surface rust here and there. I have been working on painting it camo. Pictures show finished first coat. The before and after pictures shows how well the new battery box integrates to truck after paint.
Pete

Attachments

wsucougarx

Looks great!. Outstanding job on the paint! That box did look way out of place. Not sure if it was the color or just the presence of that huge panel. With the paint on there it looks like it was there the whole time;-)

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You get 1 rep point from me and two thumbs up for your fortitude and perseverance on a job well done.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

Gunner0311

Thanks for the post!

Your post reminded me that I have to add a disconnect switch to my trucks. I have
not had a serious problem yet with anyone fiddling with them, but a bit of insurance is always a good idea....[thumbzup]

Hoefler

I am slowly getting a new jacket on her. New shoes to follow-bigguns. She will look nearly as good as she runs. Used Rapco rattle cans-about 70 dollars worth on the cab-that and a bunch of elbow grease to get her into a good 50 footer. Box is next.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks