• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Museum Location? Temp home for a Half Track

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys and gals,
Can someone Please tell me if there are any Military Museums that
you know of in California,
the closer to the Bay Area the better. My friend Tim has an award
winning Half Track that he would like to
loan to a museum for a while so that other folks can enjoy the work he
has put into it. At the same
time he does not want to part with it, and wants to have it as close to
the Bay Area as possible.
Thanks for any help in this very important endeavor,
Bruce MVPA 23824

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Military Vehicle Museum Location? Temp home for a Half T

Sorry, don't know any of the No. Cal places, maybe try the Patton Museum, i think at Chiraco Summit, by Palm springs, Planes of Fame at Chino or the air museum at Palm Springs.

RE: Military Vehicle Museum Location? Temp home for a Half T

There are several Museums listed on the OLIVE DRAB website. Just glancing through the listings, I would recommend contacting the California Military Museum at Old Sacramento State Historical Park, 1119 Second St, Sacramento, CA. The listing shows this Museum has 3 satelite facilities so they may have a place for this Half-track.

The Olive Drab site also lists Museums at San Pedro, Fresno, Oroville, San Rafael, and the previously mentioned Patton Memorial Museum at Chiriaco Summit. There is another, private Museum I visited last year in South El Monte by LA, but that's probably a little further than he wants to go.

jeli

RE: Museum

I'm at Ft Hunter Liggett right now. They are looking for a WWII era vehicle to put in front of their school house. If the track is in that good of shape it's probably not the right fit but I'd figured I'd throw it out anyway.

Dieselsmoke

CAlifornia Military Museum in Sac is all I know of. There's also the truck museum in Woodland. Or Tim could bring it by here, I'll take real goood care of it for him 8)
Have him get ahold of Ron Crouch with the CA military Museum, if they aren't interested I know Ron can help one way or another.

tractor

there are several museums not listed that are looking for displays. The one that comes off the top of my head is the Estrella warbirds museum in Paso Robles. I thought Camp Roberts ran out of room for vehicles in their display building. I find it funny that Hunter Ligget is looking for armor after they gave it all to Roberts.

blackdog

tractor said:
there are several museums not listed that are looking for displays. The one that comes off the top of my head is the Estrella warbirds museum in Paso Robles. I thought Camp Roberts ran out of room for vehicles in their display building. I find it funny that Hunter Ligget is looking for armor after they gave it all to Roberts.
Roberts already has two half tracks if I remember right and the buildings they are in are indeed rather full.

Brian

tractor

well one of the half tracks belongs to my unit leader in reenacting and actually isn't stored there anymore but at Chino due to mechanical work being done to it. the only place last time I was at Roberts is outside next to the German halftrack

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks