• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vietnam era photos

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought it would be interesting to see actual photos from this time period in order to put some MV colors in perspective.
This image is a slide picture taken by yours truly in 1971 in Korea. Note how dark the M151 is.

Please post other pictures that you may have. I'll try to locate more of my own.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
In the page of guntrucks the first photo says unit and personnel are unknown, I happen to know the Soldier on the right in the picture is retired First Sergeant John Coleman. If you want to get more I can contact him just shoot me a PM

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
My friend Scott sent me these 3 links. The top one has many Vietnam vehicle pictures most with captions. 28 pics of the V-100 alone. The slider on bottom has a pause button if you don't like the sound.

www.militarypolicevietnam.com/MoreMPs.html

The second link may already posted on SS by M813rc. More Vietnam era MP V-100 pictures below.

www.720mpreunion.org/history/vehicles/v100/v100_index.html

The last link has 1000? higher detail pics, most with captions, almost all are of vehicles, some are before or after VN. The link below is for just page 15 with one V-100 picture. The second half of thread's pages (as of July 2010) are mostly aircraft but still interesting..

www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?108699-Looking-for-Cold-War-era-NATO-pics/page12

Last edited:

boomer

Please post other pictures that you may have. I'll try to locate more of my own.[/quote]

I know I have a ton of photo's. Half of them are of m.v.'s, in 'Nam, and various forts/ bases, in CONUS.
When I get some time, I will post some.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks