• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chrysler Leasing and M37s

ashrat

I'm posting this here and on the M37 site to see if it will get more response. I have been selling copies of a sales flyer that came from Chrysler Leasing for the M37 (see link). This has brought up a number of questions:
1. Did Chrysler lease these M37s to the military?
2. How many?
3. If these trucks were lease returns, what kind of title would they have? Manufacturers Statement of Origin, SF97, regular state title?
4. If the government did lease them and never owned them, can they still take them back if the fools in Washington decide no honest citizen can be trusted with ex military equipment? If they didn't actually own them, how can they "re-acquire" them?
I'm sure there are many other questions about these trucks, this is just a start.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300054597504

Elwenil

I feel sure the military owned them, but Dodge was known to make deals with local governments on a number of what are considered fleet vehicles.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
rofl My first thought when I read the title of this thread was that you were asking if owning a m37 qualifies you for loyalty incentives at the chrysler dealer!

ida34

A law can be enacted to take away anything you have. You could fight the constitutionality of any such law, but ask anyone in CA that had to turn in "assault weapons" about that one. If I am not mistaken, if you did not dispose of them in some way and still have them you would face crimnal charges if caught with them. My point is does it really matter if they were Chrysler's or the military's? I am sure any law dealing with banning military vehicles would be worded in such a way as to take any military vehicles away no matter who owned them or where they came from.

Longhunter7

M37 Sales Brochure

Gentlemen,

I picked up the sales brochure that ashrat is selling. It is a nice addition to the other manuals and information that we all seem to collect. 8)

If you own an M37 or an M37-B1, it is worth the asking price. :arrow:

Knucklehead

I am sure that Chrysler was selling the trucks directly to the public. IHC used to sell the M5H6 to the public back in the forties, REO/ Studebaker sold M-35s new to the public, marketed as the "Eager Beaver", that was back in the late 50s to early 60s.I have seen one at a surplus dealer, it was identicle to the military version except for the markings on the data plates And now you can buy a brand new FMTV from Stewart & Stevenson or my favorite a MTVR factory fresh from Oshkosh. The HMMWV, H1, was also avaible to the public. It increases the profit margin for the company.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks