• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan Mud Bog Dec 9th

rizzo

this is not an MV show, but some MV's will be their testing their abilities in the mud.

I am putting a bigger heater in the tent ( I would like it to be about 70-80 degrees) and another picnic table. I will also have 2 barrel fires going if it is cold.

King and I extended the rail road trail all the way to the end, the path back through the field is gonna get nasty quick!

noon till dark

all trucks are welcome, loud or quiet!

for those of you who have never been there, this bog is exactly 8 miles north of Luke's bog

Mapquest:
1300 E Fremont
Melvin, MI

click here to enter your address and get exact directions

click for weather report

click for radar

ida34

Re: RE: Michigan Mud Bog Dec 9th

rizzo said:
gimpyrobb said:
I will be in the Lansing area that weekend, how far is this from there?
You can go 9 MPH over without fear
Unless I am working. :wink: Thats right. I don't work on the weekends. I guess you are safe. 8)

rizzo

Re: RE: Michigan Mud Bog Dec 9th

ida34 said:
rizzo said:
gimpyrobb said:
I will be in the Lansing area that weekend, how far is this from there?
You can go 9 MPH over without fear
Unless I am working. :wink: Thats right. I don't work on the weekends. I guess you are safe. 8)
I drive 9-10 over on the e-way for the last 10 years. Never been pulled over or gotten a ticket, never slowed down when i saw state troopers takin pictures.

A cop friend of mine told me along time ago that the state boys get concerned at 12 over on the e-way.

what do you do? what department?

rizzo

RE: Re: RE: Michigan Mud Bog Dec 9th

know any county mounties from that area? My uncle Bob Hansen used to mount up and do alot of patrols in Lansing. I think he was there for the riots a while back.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks like fun. Wish I was closer. I have a friend who just got an M37 who'd be itchin to try it out.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon

I realize folks will be bringing non-mv's to this event, but my deuce would have to fall off of a cliff in a school zone to break the speed limit.

rizzo

4 trucks showed up to play. 3 6x6's and a chevy with 36 humvee tires on it. Played in the trails mostly. We all had fun. The tent was warm and food was hot and good.
other than me playing on the weekends the next bog will probably be the 3rd wekend in April.

I took the 5 ton in the trails and the turns at one end are too tight, so I had to make a new trail to get out. I ran over some small trees (4-6inches). I was impressed, it was alot of fun also

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks