• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New heater for my -725 ambulance

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, the rear ambulance body heater for my M725 meat wagon has got to go. It's gas fired and looks like s**t, so I don't wanna take a chance and install anything that could detonate and ruin my few remaining hairs.

I would prefer to replace with something similar in size, but 24-28V electric.

Any ideas?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this require hooking up to the heater hoses up front? If so, won't work as the ambulance heater goes in the back under the seats. I need one that is 28V only, no heater hoses required.

sermis

It need hoses. Tap the hoses off the motor like a normal heater hot water heater and run them along the frame to the back and up under the seats like the gas heater. Flex duct to the original opening and wire into the original heater switch and your done. You wan't loose that much heat in the extra 5' or so. If you are looking for electric heat, it might pull too much amp's.
My benches are removed and I was thinking about one on each side in the upper vents.

5quarter

I just installed one of the units from the above mentioned source under the dash in the M715 and it really puts out the heat well :D its a compact unit has plenty of mounting tabs and a 1 wire hookup.
I will shop again with Army surplus warehouse... nice people and quick shipping

rizzo

5quarter said:
I just installed one of the units from the above mentioned source under the dash in the M715 and it really puts out the heat well :D its a compact unit has plenty of mounting tabs and a 1 wire hookup.
I will shop again with Army surplus warehouse... nice people and quick shipping
nice to know

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I'm still not sold on the location, putting it back where the -725 rear heater was. But it may be a good thing to consider for up front in the cab, where I'll be most of the time anyways.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks