• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

speedometer -transmission adapter-extender assistance

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After changing the M-818's transfer case from the Rockwell T-138 to the Rockwell T-1138, the speedo cable is not quite aligned. Can y'all look at this picture and tell me what I have here?

It appears there is an extension on the t-case going to the speedo adapter. As can be seen, it is a little too short, trying to kink the cable.

What is this extender from, and can I stack them or get a longer one?

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
At least it has a grease zerk! How long is the speedo cable? would a longer one help? Maybe you could turn the adapter CCW so it runs next to the T-case, instead of around it?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, but see how the cable is kinked? It is not long enough to reach all the way to the t-case, I need to extend something here so it is not forced against the t-case like that.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is to say it is not long enough to reroute.

I got to say I was at first concerned about the new t-case being a little off-center and the shortie driveshaft ftom the trans to the case therefore being at an angle, but there has been no issue at all, whatsoever, the shaft and joints run no warmer than the others, and I have put 1000+ highway miles on this thing at 55-66MPH. I need to change the front tires to speed rated steer tires because they run warmer at 65 than at 50 where the truck is supposed to be. They are not hot but still it is a safety issue, and I am sure all those who generally give safety advice would agree that semi tractor steer tires are the appropriate items for the front when the truck is run over 55. The rears have remained cool as have all the hubs and the rest. .

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would go to a speedometer shop, just have them make a cable extension

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would go to a speedometer shop, just have them make a cable extension
That is a great idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it. Too direct I guess! I have to anyway change the adapter due to the 0.73 overdrive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks