• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dished Hood & Roof

SierraHotel

I am blessed (in my opinion) with a hard top. However, it looks like someone was tap dancing on it. It is collapsed to the point it holds water. Currently, I cover it with a sheet of EPDM (roofing rubber) to keep the water off, but would really like to get it back to draining.
Similarly, my hood looks like it has been used one time too may to support someone’s weight and is collapsed. The edges on either side of the hinges shimmy quite a bit when driving down the road.
Since I am still a virginal Deuce owner, I was wondering if anyone out there had some advice on how to get these items back into the proper shape…short of whacking the heck out of them.
Thanks…

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same thing. My roof has a very large dent. I've pushed up on it from inside, but not been able to push it back satisfactorily.

Does the dent on your hood line up with the top of the windshield when you open the hood?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You will see the same dent in my hood in the photo gallery. Soldiers often climbed up on the hood and cab to finish putting the tarp on the back or got on the hood to get in and out of the ringmount. The metal is still way heavier than any other of my vehicles and I am not too concerned about it but will probablly straighten it out someday.

mangus580

Re: RE: Dished Hood & Roof

TheBuggyman said:
mangus580 said:
How do you think they got on the roof??? [thumbzup] :jumpin:
Now that's funny right there! I don't care who you are!

(LORD, please bless the starving pygmies........) :D
Glad someone likes my humor... my last joke stirred up a bunch of crap!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks