• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Casspir Mercedes Engine oil filter help

Barron

I have a Casspir MKII with the South African OM352A engine. It has a remote oil filter, canister type, and I can't find a filter for it. It's about 7.5 inches tall, the openings are about 2 1/4 on each end, and about 5 inches across. it had a number on it 7533-0022, that's a south african number and I can't get it to cross anything. This filter looks to be a bit different than a mog' filter in size and shape.
Any help would be appreciated.

plym49

Does it have to be original? If not, perhaps you can replace the filter and mount with something avaialble to you locally.

Barron

Right now I'm just trying to get it up and running, the thing is a beast, impossible to get in and work on anything, other than the oil filter. I hate metric stuff.

plym49

Right now I'm just trying to get it up and running, the thing is a beast, impossible to get in and work on anything, other than the oil filter. I hate metric stuff.
McMaster-Carr is your friend. A couple of metric to 'real' adapters, a standard remote mount, done. McM-C: order today, get it tomorrow. I love that place.

plym49

Thanks for the tip! I know a lot of SS folks order from them.
One of the best things about them is the brilliance with which they laid out their web site. It only takes moments to find whatever you are looking for, no matter how obscure.

spicergear

You may want to take that filter to CarQuest...yes, for real and see what can be matched. When I was changing the fuel filter on my 406's OM352, I had already ordered from a well know Mog house, a new German 'factory' filter. When I pulled the fuel filter can down and pulled out what was in it I found a NICE metal filter with rubber grommets and crossed the number (!!fortunately!!) to CarQuest. The other one was plastic with felt gaskets glued onto it. I don't know about you, but I don't think I want glue in a solvent solution of fuel. Check out the difference!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks