• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Richloam MV Rally Barter Fair.

GGimbert

You bought too much, you didn't get the right size, the wife says get that stuff out of the living room - whatever. Bring it. I for one need some locking mounts for my Scepter Military Fuel Cans. The usual surplus ones for the steel cans do not fit and do not lock. I am also looking for a Pioneer Tool Trailer and lockable mounts for a 20lb LP tank and a Hi-Lift. And none of that takes into account man's irresistible urge to impulse buy. Fat guy BDUs, water purification, and camping type stuff should also be good sellers as well as common MV spares considering the popularity of the bug out thread. For those with larger items maybe post up here with pisc and description so you only drag it down if there is a likely buyer.

Buy sell trade - the greatest yard sale ever! Ok, maybe over the top there but who knows. What do yall think? I will only be there Thur night and Friday so yall bring the good stuff early - rofl

caliber1

Was thinking about fabbing up some locking gerry can straps to bring. Bought some on line and they're too wimpy for me. Any interest? I am looking for some gerry cans as well.

stalker

I have 2 MEP-017A generators made by Onan. One runs great and the other needs a new head or could be used/sold for parts. Will sell for what I paid. I can deliver to the rally if interested.

GGimbert

Caliber,

Make them big enough to accept the Scepter MFCs and have the lock mech cover the cap - youll have a winner!

Like this - http://www.adventuretrailers.com/fuelholders.html

You could have one base and different tops to fit each kind of MFC. There are many off road enthusiast out there wilt the Scepters due to their no rust and hyper rugged construction. I just cant seem to part with the $110 price of the guys at the link.

Last edited:

Scrounge41

Trying to locate an aluminum boarding ladder for my M109A3. Anybody in the area got an extra and how much? I'm in St. Augustine. Not sure if I'm coming to the rally, but maybe I could get a handoff to someone coming back in my direction....

caliber1

Caliber,

Make them big enough to accept the Scepter MFCs and have the lock mech cover the cap - youll have a winner!

Like this - Adventure Trailers - Fuel Storage

You could have one base and different tops to fit each kind of MFC. There are many off road enthusiast out there wilt the Scepters due to their no rust and hyper rugged construction. I just cant seem to part with the $110 price of the guys at the link.
So does the scepter not fit in a USGI Gerry can rack? I could slot the front and rear of a normal mount and fab a strap to go the other way? Hmm, got the old pea spinnin. The strap I got goes the other way, like the web straps that came with the truck.

3dAngus

Not sure if I'm coming, but if I could make fuel money I would definitely try.
I could provide a M10A2 trailer with cover $695
M105A2 rebuilt by VSE, nice, no cover, wagon only $495
Used but excellent towbar with either 1" or 3/4" feet, $450
New complete towbar with both feet sets and axle clamps $650
Tiedown Chains, Lights for trailers, M105 parts, Jerry cans for water,
NDT tires from like new w/nubbies($125) to 80% $100 mounted on riims
Might have some good mounted HMMWV tires, or spare for the M101A3

Needs;
a M101A2 spare, deuce mirror and hardware, Jerry can spout (fuel and not water),
M105 cover in excellent cond, green

GGimbert

I do not have a MV so I am lost of some of the references. The Scepter (new NATO?) is slightly wider and taller than the old Nato type metal jugs. If you look closely at the pics in the link you will see the metal ones do not quite fill the holder bottom but the Scepters do. The scepter lid is also taller hence the different locking cover thing instead of the squared off one. I could not squeeze the Scepter in the more common metal jug holders that have just a bottom and a nylon strap though I have seen pics where they appeared to fit. Maybe the owners enlarged them somehow, like with a hammer - :)

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too long a list to type, but have LOTS of 5-ton and deuce parts. Deuce and 5-ton winches, 5-ton fenders. Used 1600 XZL's; locker for 5-ton diff; 5-ton spragues; 1961 5-ton wrecker (chassis stuff only); dash switches; storage boxes.

Attachments

GGimbert

Storage Lockers

Now that's what I am talking about. Water tight storage for open air trailers! How about some prices and dimensions on those storage lockers, ID & OD. Every time I have seen them for sale at least one of the clasps is broken. Would be good to seem some completely workable.

Come on y'all, don't tease. It aint for sale if it aint got a price. ;)

J.Z.

trailer

I am interested in a trailer..I have some stuff to haul back to Mn...So it must be able to make the long haul back home..thanks..J.Z..

vinny-socom1

Too long a list to type, but have LOTS of 5-ton and deuce parts. Deuce and 5-ton winches, 5-ton fenders. Used 1600 XZL's; locker for 5-ton diff; 5-ton spragues; 1961 5-ton wrecker (chassis stuff only); dash switches; storage boxes.

how much for the cases?? what sizes are available?

Vinny

100acre

chief_919 has NATO Gerry cans for sale for $22.95. He posted an add in the classifieds. PM him for info, i am just the delivery guy, but I can only ship maybe 30 total. Delivery is free, although gas money won't be turned away. I will be in Tampa Fla around the 1st of Feb.

Last edited:

caliber1

chief_919 has NATO Gerry cans for sale for $22.95. He posted an add in the classifieds. PM him for info, i am just the delivery guy, but I can only ship maybe 30 total. Delivery is free, although gas money won't be turned away. I will be in Tampa Fla around the 1st of Feb.
Are you coming out to Richloam for the rally? If I call and have an order put together, nothing big mind you. A couple gerry cans and a few other small things.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinny, they are probably more than you want to spend. I had to haul these back from NC. All have good clasps, some have foam. Outside dimensions:
Small ones are 32x20x12 w/rollers $75/each.
Large ones are 36x29x22 - $85/each.
pandctrans@gmail.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks