• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transport michigan to jersey

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: transport michigan to jersey

emmado22 said:
I find UPS works well, so does the Post Office for small stuff.. Anything bigger is dependant on what you need moved.
UPS won't ship Deuces; for that, you have to go with FedEx!!!!

rofl

westfolk

RE: Re: RE: transport michigan to jersey

Give me start point and finish point. I'll give you a price.

ojsdna744

rofl Imagine the size of the envelope!!

He needs it shipped from Grand Blanc, Michigan to New Providence, New Jersey I believe.

If it's in decent shape, I say drive it! I live pretty close to Bishop Airport and could pick you up...crash at my house and head out in the morning...you can't beat the adventure! (that's assuming it's in decent shape)

There are a lot of members between Grand Blanc and New Providence that could lend a hand if something goes bad!

I just thought I'd offer in case you missed it in the other thread, I could also store it for you if that's an issue with the seller.

(/tribal chant on: driiiive it - driiiive it - driiiive it - driiiive it - driiiive it! /tribal chant off

:driver:

serp

oops you can tell i am new here last post is for westfolk . i would drive it but i am still new to these vehicles. i have a friend and a cousin who own them. i have learned alot about them. but only beggining. so far you guys are great.

westfolk

I'd drive it. Allot cheaper. Just like driving a pickup, just bigger. Does it have plates, or can you get a transfer(paper)plate? Get a list of who's in between. You have problems give a call. I'm sure others would give a hand. Not much could break on it that I don't have here on one of the parts trucks. Worst case something bad breaks.....roll in with a truck and towbar....keep going.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Serp, they are really easy to drive. Do not let your lack of experience deter you. I had all of maybe 10 miles experience in Deuces before I drove mine 225+ miles home.

westfolk

Actually they do. I bought a van your way earlier this year and brought it back on a transfer plate. However what you need is one from Michigan. That is where it is coming from. Some states the plate is good for a few days, some a couple weeks, some a month. It's purpose is just to transport the vehicle from it's buying location to home. Then put a regular plate on it in your state, or let it sit. If you have the title you could plate it. Just wouldn't have an inspection sticker on the windshield until you got it home.

westfolk

Just as I said and Clinto agrees. I'd drive it. Plus from where it's at and where it's going that's like 99% four-lane driving. Let's not overlook that not counting commercial trucks almost every other vehicle out there will try to avoid you. The "imtimidation factor".

derby

I am about 90 miles south of grand blanc,maybe I could pick it up and store it till you get your trucking in order,is the owner in a hurry to move it?I have an item in Pa. that I need brought here.what is your time line?also if I remember correctly ,you don't need a plate on a newly purchaced vehicle as long as you do it within 72hrs and the most direct route.(in Mi.) maybe I could cajole westfolk to bring my package here and take your's back?

westfolk

Derby, I was just thinking that. It would work good for both of you. I could get your truck and bring it out. Turn around and bring his back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks