• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip to Shirley's surplus Dec 9

rmgill

Several of us are looking at going down to Shirley's surplus on the 9th. I went down today and looked around. Lots of parts on trucks. LOTS of winch trucks and disassembled trucks in various stages. I think I want to pick up a few tires from James so I have some spares. He had a few very good 1100x20s he wants for $80. I'm going to try to talk him down on them when I'm back down there.

The 5kw 24vdc gen sets look to be in good if not great shape. Some are dinged up more than others, but all seem in good sorts. They're bigger than I expected. James says he has spare parts for them and ran the good ones to test them for voltage output. Most seem to have 1500 hrs on them or so.

Who's going on the 9th?

Also, while headed down there I sighted an M35A2 that seemed to be a non turbo truck for sale (data plate said M35A2, but it had a muffler and the smaller exhaust pipe of a non-turbo truck). The owner wants $3850 for it. It's tan with camo pattern over the top of it. Racks, GMA vinyl top, air shift front axle and basic stuff. I climbed in and tried to start it and it cranked it right up. It's on Hwy 36 from I75 going towards Barnesville. It's at Jackson's tire and auto. (770-233-8170)

There was ANOTHER Truck and a few trailers for sale along hwy 41 almost to Griffin on the right. I didn't stop to look at those.

James has lots of small stuff but you gotta dig. His prices for most things seems cheaper than saturn or other places but it's not full service like Saturn is. Cash/check only too.

James seemed happy at the prospect of a bunch of us showing up on Saturday to buy things.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Trip to Shirley

I'll be there.

What are we driving? Does someone have a car or truck big enough for all of us?

rmgill

Dunno. If we don't have a pickup truck borne person, I'll have to take the deuce down. (assuming I have tires and the singles conversion done by then). Most likely we'll be taking two vehicles I expect.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I have an F-150 SuperCrew (crewcab). But it has a small bed (5'6", + a bed extender).

alphadeltaromeo

I may or may not be able to go...just not sure yet. I do have a 16' flat bed trailer with a 2" ball on it if you'd like to use it...if I don't go.

Mark_Ellis

I am fairly new to the SS forum but have met alphadeltaromeo recently. I live between Dallas and Rockmart. I have 2 M37's one running but going through the front disc brake mod and another recently aquired Marine model. I also have a m101. I have joined the Ga association but haven't made a meeting yet.
Can someone tune me into the Shirley's Surplus? I have never heard of it.

Thanks for any info,

Mark

rmgill

Shirleys is up Hwy 41 from Barnesville ga. On the right about 2 miles or so.

411 north 41 HWY
Barnesville, GA 30204
770-358-9555

Insofar as the group trip:

I'm in Decatur, 1842 Briarlake Circle Decatur, Ga.

Basically from I285 and Lavista Road (come inside the perimeter, aka west). Here it is on Maps.google.com

Let's met at 10am at my place. We should be able to get down there by Noon or so. I'm not sure what the weather outlook is at this point. At this rate it could be cold as a witches tit or nice and warm or somewhere in between.

rmgill

You've got Colemans and Saturn not too far from you all things considered. Just jaunt over to Harrisburg and head up the river.

alphadeltaromeo

Alright...I will be able to make the trip down to Shirleys tomorrow. I don't think that I'll come to your place Ryan...it's quite a bit the other direction. I would, however, like to meet ya'll either on the way or down there. Let me know if there is a convenient spot to meet at, as I'll be coming from Carrollton. I'll be bringing Jonathan, my eldest son as well. RDI may ride with us, but I'll know more later.

rmgill

We can meet up at shirleys around noonish. That' gives folks 30 minutes to assemble at my place, then 1.5 hours to get there which should be good. We'll probably stop on HWY 36 where that deuce is for sale then head in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks