• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detroit PN for spin on oil filter adapter M561

Charlie 6

Just got my goat a couple of weeks ago, I plan to do my first oil change this weekend.
For now I will use the stock filter, which I heard is not fun in getting it to seal.

I noticed in other members goats pictures their engines are glossy aqua (blue/green), my goat engine is flat OD. Has my goat engine been replaced with a rebuilt one?

Gamagoat1

The Detroit color is Aspen Green. When they were rebuilt/replaced they were OD.
You can usualy tell by compairing the engine serial number with the data plate on the dash.

Last edited:

Charlie 6

I just picked up a Detroit spin on oil filter adapter for my goat, the guy bought it new a fews years back and never used it, lucked out on this one. Life of a goat owner is luck in finding parts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you post the part number and brand?

I'd like to find one also.

Charlie 6

Spin on Oil filter adapter on ebay

FYI there was a used spin on oil filter adapter listed on an ebay store (it's sold)

I have no knowledge and never dealth with this ebay store.

53 Series Detroit Diesel, Spin-On Oil Filter Adaptor,..Part # (5103762)

Seller: Member id c-nan2

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know the correct gasket part number for the adaptor?

Or maybe a souce to order one online?

Also, what filter number is used with the adaptor?

Charlie 6

Spin on oil filter.

The gasket required for the spin on oil filter adapter is Detroit Diesel Gasket: 5121205.

The spin on oil filter is AC Filter: PF911 and NAPA Filter:1810.

I found the gasket on ebay for a couple of bucks. It is paper type, it covers not only the outside border but also covers the inside. If you need I can take a picture of it and post it so one can be fabricated.

vampire13

5103762 is the numbre of the braket for spinon filters... it replaces the old type of filter with its element

Greetings from Venezuela!!

Jericho

Its Detroit P.N. 5104419, Spin on Oil Filter Adapter Assy, They are listed with detroit spare parts, and also were availible from "Equipment Parts Sales", Ebay vendor ID 18214 Mine was $ 80.00, Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks