• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank sending unit

white135

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help so far.

My next question is involves a sending unit.
I need a fuel tank sending unit for a M215 as the old one does not appear to be fixable, by me at least.

So, does anybody have any leads on one?

Thanks,
Eric

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am wondering what is up with Kcgonzo too. I bought stuff on Oct 19/20. He said he shipped about the Nov. 7th. Nothing showed. Now he is not returning emails after saying he would reship, and file with the post office. I have had two prior transactions with him that went very well, so this is screwy. He is showing a bunch of recent negatives on ebay. The bad thing is that now that I have my title the headlight I ordered from him is one of the electrical problems holding me back from getting my truck inspected and on the road.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: unit on ebay

I've emailed him several times, asking to get a quote on over $500 worth of parts... He still hasnt returned my email in over 1 week.. Doesnt say much for him.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric, as shown in the image, the float hits bottom at about 15 inches. You can extend it perhaps another 2 inches, but would have to cut and splice the red wire.

I have dealt with this seller and had no problem.
Got mine from Kcgonzo before he disappeared. They go for $15 to $45 depending on time and place, $25 is a good average price. I'd go for it.

Attachments

butch atkins

fuel sending unit for m135 m211

hey guys according to th ORD 9 bookthe same unit G749-7355942,ORD STOCK #,part #7355942 works for the m135,m211,m217,m220,m222,different part # for the m215 (dump truck),m221 (tractor truck), ORD STOCK # G-749-8331841,ORD PART #8331841,so there are 2 different units for these trucks ,hope this helps,good luck keep posting,looks like to me if the longer unit would phsically go into the shorter tank you could use it ,but fuel gage reading would probably not be correct ,just keep gas tank half full,ord book also gives 2 different tank part #s but no other description,asto size or tank capacity

jasonjc

I got some stuff for him a few weeks back. It did seem to take a long time to get here. I think this same topic has come up about him in the past on here he can be slow, But I think the stuff does get out and this is a bad time of year for getting packages. I think he responed on before. All I can say is wait and see.

white135

Thanks so much guys.

Once again I am amazed at how knowledgeable and helpful you all are.

I do have the orginal for a size reference, so for the $25 I am going to try to make it work.

Again, thanks so much.

white135

Also, I forgot to mention, I recieved the new unit a while ago, and it is the same size as my old one.

Not sure that I know why that is, but Im ok with it.

I havent tried it yet because the tank is off the truck and I havent been near the truck in a few weeks. But hopefully soon.

Thanks everyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks