• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to clintogf !

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought this M35 last summmer as it was about to be scrapped by it's owner. Ran good but, there was some bearings gone bad in the sprag transfer case. Pulled the rear driveshaft and drove it home on the front axle. Finally got around to fixing the truck. The best way I new to fix a bad sprag case was with a fresh, rebuilt, air shift unit I purchased from Dawn, aka clintogf. She was a delite to deal with!
Truck goes down the road very well now. :D

And thanks to clinto also,(who arranged and seen that it got shipped proper)!

Attachments

Last edited:

1crook

Thanks 11 Echo. That is a good looking truck, glad to hear that the truck runs well now. I agree with Gunboy, too nice to be scrapped. Even has cargo tie downs, did you add those on or was the truck like that when you bought it? Clinto bought some to add to one of our trucks in the future did not know how much of a hassle they are to add on.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, I have them at work, where we have a forklift, so for now they aren't hard to move.

But my current employer is doing their level best to go out of business so they may be coming home soon. More difficult is that we've lost our highly discounted shipping rates, which means we can no longer undercut other sellers on shipping.

Thanks for the kind comments 11E-a new unit is always better than used.

Definitely. I think that soldier b will be happy when the last 3 are gone. :D
Yeah.

And I know exactly where the last two are going. :p

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well, I have them at work, where we have a forklift, so for now they aren't hard to move.

But my current employer is doing their level best to go out of business.............
I know a GL location (close to me) that has so many small forklifts that they are selling them as surplus government property.rofl

If I had a nice shop and a concrete driveway I'd be on one of them like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks 11 Echo. That is a good looking truck, glad to hear that the truck runs well now. I agree with Gunboy, too nice to be scrapped. Even has cargo tie downs, did you add those on or was the truck like that when you bought it? Clinto bought some to add to one of our trucks in the future did not know how much of a hassle they are to add on.
Thanks again Dawn!
The cargo tie downs were already installed on the bed. Not the neatest installation, but works ok. I have a large selection of hole saws and mag drill and think I could have done the holes cleaner. If I had a set of them I would not hesitate to mount them on one of my other trucks.
I hope the pics I shot today give you a better look into their installation.

Attachments

Last edited:

jesusgatos

Bought one of those transfercases from clintogf too, and had a similarly excellent excperience dealing with her. She helped to arrange shipping, and even paid a little bit extra to get it to a terminal closer to me. Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks