• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

unimog SEE

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All depends on your state laws. It would be perfectly legal registered as a Former Military Vehicle in TX.

spicergear

If the lower lights are blocked it is okay to run the upper lights in my area. It would be like you have a plow on the front with the elevated headlights because of them being blocked. On my 406 you could only run either the top or the bottom lights- not both. You literally had to pick which lighting harness you wanted to use and plug it in. I put another switch in so I can run both if needed but never run the uppers on the street. It would be great to flash people to get out of the way but I'm only a little faster than wheel chairs. :mrgreen:

saddamsnightmare

November 22nd, 2012.

Reaffirming Spicergears comment, if the buckets on the truck, you will either have to use the upper lights or raise the bucket enough to clear the stock ones, and that will probably aggravate the bounce the truck suffers from and block your vision. The little SEE's are somewhat unstable with the bucket and the backhoe mounted, they tend to bounce like a rubber tired backhoe at speed, so the military (U.S. ) usually limits them to 35 mph or so on the road. By comparision, a S404.114 empty is a lighting bolt and very stable by comparision, but I'd still love to have an SEE!;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks