• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member here

matter63

Hi im just joined this sight ,seems to have a world of imformation,glad to be a part of it. Just finished a restoration of an M151a2 and trailer, looking for my next project....can anyone point me in the direction of a Gamagoat? Drove one in the Army for a short time cant seem to locate a semi complete one?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There is one in eastern TN? for like 8k i think. I saw it in a thread the other day.
There is one at the Pioneer Museum in Polson, MT (the one pictured below) that is for sale. Not sure of the price though.

Just use the search feature and you will find some.

Attachments

197thhhc

Good luck on finding a goat and welcome to the site. I drove one a few times in the Army, we used them for field ambulances. and I would love to have one.

twa@ezdn.net

I got to play with a goat in Germany a few times but the motorpool guys never liked working on them. Come to think of it they didn't like working on anything. Show some pics of the jEEP.

wELCOME...tIM

SPCWarning

Welcome from Mississippi! Hope you can find a Goat. We had them in F/A in Germany but they were all phased out of our unit in '86. I'd like to have one too........meanwhile where's the pictures of the M151 ? We love pics here.

matter63

thanks, hey tim..i see you have an m578 pictured, that was my first recovery vehicle before moving on to an m88 in Germany, i was one of those guys that at the time didnt look forward to working on the goats..lol. 3/69 armored cav mechanic Ready Barrecks Asshaphensburg. Where were you located at? Bill

meccman

hi, also new to this forum, I do not have a goat but am trying to find information to enable me to build a scale model.
can find a lot of pics of complete goats on the internet but nothing on the mechanicals- steering, suspension etc- so hope you guys that have one can help me
thanks

jeeplvr247

Welcome from the site. I have a thing for the goats but I do not think I am enough of a mechanic to own one. I am just waiting to find someone who will let me drive theirs. Good luck with your search.

m561gamagoat

Try using search tempest u can search multiple Craigslist locations t once. I did i
Ian's came up with three goats off the bat as well as an ggoat engine. Good luck fun stuff. Lol

Hey meccman..

if you look real hard, i believe one was shipped to a farm via christchurch in the 90's.

failing that, try looking for gamagoat.com in wayback, he had most of the dimensional specsand drawings when it was up.

otherwise, flick me a pm with your email and i'll have a look see what i have on the TM disc that might help you.

Spock

Carlo

Welcome from Italia! I have see a few here in Europe but many were giving to Civil Protection in countries with flooding. I have a dutch friend who has stuffed one inside a container saving it for a future project. Good luck and keep us posted please.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks