• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton low rider

scvfd901

has anybody out there tried to run 9.00-20 duals on a m939? if so how did it affect gearing and load capacity? a 939 0n 14.00s is to tall to fit through my garage door but 9.00s should make the difference. i know a bigger door is the best plan but it may not be an option

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Heck you would hit your pumpkin tryin to hop a curb with 9.00s I think. Or the weight alone on the front would flatten em.

Isnt the part of having a 5 ton so that your bigger and meaner lookin that the other guy? Not a big body on tires that look like they belong on a go cart.

scvfd901

yah i didnt think it would work either. the reason for doing it was that it would be a fire truck and have to be kept inside when not in use maybe now i can talk the chief into making the door bigger thanks for the feed back

Varyag

I think there is only a 4 or 5 inch difference in total height too so it would only drop the truck about 2 inches. I could be wrong.'

-edit- opps I thought you were talking about 11x20s.

Blind Driver

has anybody out there tried to run 9.00-20 duals on a m939? if so how did it affect gearing and load capacity? a 939 0n 14.00s is to tall to fit through my garage door but 9.00s should make the difference. i know a bigger door is the best plan but it may not be an option
Keep the larger tires. Let the air out to get it into the garage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks