• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh Chassis on Ebay

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yuck! Is this really worth $20K? That's a lot of dough for a melt-o-barge. You can buy 4 or 5 deuces for that.

Capfacsurf

I agree... it looks a bit pricey. But if the seller is accurate when he says it is the first truck released to the civilian market........ it STILL seems like too much money!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree...that thing is a mess! With that said, a chassis with a cab and three axles recently brought over $7,000 on GL. Given that I know of at least one other truck that was released, the guy's claim that this is the only truck out there is incorrect. I, too, would love to have it, though...but more much less. The problem is, the truck is so new, there are very few parts around surplus (or at least I would assume).

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am quite surprized that this truck is on the market and would not be surprized if some General wants it back. We were strictly forbidden from publishing any pictures of damaged Army vehicles and as stated this is a currently in use vehicle that will be in that status for many years. Also to note that burning of the cab and heat damage to the engine and the rest of the drivetrain are most likely un repairable without spending at least what the initial bid is asking for. It would be a fun thing to do if time space and money allowed it. Out of most of our ballparks but if we are a true group of believers perhaps things like this could be a Steel Soldiers project truck.

M1075

Attachments

tjcouch

C'mon men - where are your priorities?

1. Sell the house to raise cash for rebuild.

2. Rebuild.

3. Place pop-up camper on the bed.

:lol:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hmm..
seller has no prior history
seller can't spell and types in all caps with alot of words that don''t say much.
suspiciously the front tires are intact when the rest of the front is toasted to the point of melted aluminum
the price is so high no one will bid, but he's accepting offers outside of the ebay system (where no one has any protection at all)..

red flags, gentlemen. at least use escrow on this one!

Jones

Even if the auction is legit; these trucks have a nasty predisposition towards spontaneous combustion. Everything is by wire so when a component or sub-system goes it usually takes a lot more with it. They're just too complex to be practical in the field.
It's one of those rigs where to two happiest days of your life, are the day you buy it... and the day you sell it.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Upon closer scrutiny this thing is toast since Oshkosh is currently doing frame off reset of the vehicles they provide to the Army at a price tag of around 70% of the vehicle price, So to fix this with currently available parts it would cost anyone hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix this. Sadly it brings to mind two Browning shotguns that were in our truck while hunting in Kansas in the early 70's the truck caught fire and the whole thing burned pop pop pop... the guns were recovered and looked like the motor in this truck. They were worthless junk and had to be thrown away tried as I did to get them even to function as they were designed to it was futile. I think this guy has realized this and is selling this Caveat Emptor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks