• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Year of Mfg?

CatMan

CCKW Year Of Mfg

Serial Number 185195 would have been built in December 1942. There is usually a letter in front of the -2 you discribe. After the 6 digit serial number, a dash and A2 means Cargo Body without winch and banjo type axles. B1 means Cargo body with winch and split type axles.

Does your truck have banjo style axle housings? That is what the "2" indicates.

Go to the www.CCKW.org web site - much more information on the WWII GMC.

Cat Man

D6c

It has bango axels...I looked in the TM and found that the -1 or -2 serial number suffix without a letter designation indicates that it came without a body from the factory. I hadn't noticed that before.
Mine has an all steel cargo body but isn't painted same as the truck. No doubt it was added later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks