• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW part sources

D6c

So, now that I've started work on my CCKW, where are your best souces for parts? Doing a 2 1/2 ton isn't like doing an MB where you can pretty much build one out of reproduction parts. (did one about 17 years ago)

I'm starting with the engine (as posted in another thread) so those are the parts I'll need first.

I plan to to the rest of the drive line next to fix all the leaks etc.

The chassis & body will be last (closed cab truck). I'ts pretty rust free...the only spot I noticed is the bottom front cab corners under the fender. It must never have been run in salt as all the bolts have come apart very easily, even small screws in sheet metal.

Not sure how detailed the rebuild will be. I don't think I'm going to do a full on show truck restoration....don't have the time and $ for all that, but I'd like to do a good mechanical fix up and make it look nice.

robert c neth

Banned
no one likes ebay but i have bought a lot of parts for mine on there,some out of canada and these guys are dealers so you may be able to buy directly from them.

paulfarber

Vehicles of Victory has always been spotty with parts. I have never gotten much from them (either under the old or new owner).

VonRosenstiel does come across some decent parts, but when I was up there a few years ago he had moved and lives quite a ways from the parts... so 'inventory' per say is spotty.

The vast majority of the parts are in Europe or Australia (mostly Europe). Europe used CCKWs into the 70's and didn't get rid of the last one till the mid 80's. The US Army was out of the CCKW business in the mid 50's with the M135/M211's

TM9-801.com as a very complete list of parts sources.

I bought a French CCKW -H1 and it had French made axles. I was told that France basically produced CCKWs (engines, frames, drivelines etc etc) under license. The parts are marked as such (ie Made under license Bendix of France)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks