• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932A1 with shorter drop side deuce bed

rrrr

Well thanks to Phil, Stonepicker1, my drop side deuce bed arrived in great condition. Started with cutting out a 3' section and rewelding it back together so that the troop seats would fit when also shortend 3'. The process went quickly only because I had a friend of a friend with a service truck and hoist come out for a service call and give me a hand. The money spent was well worth it. Having the proper equipment to do this job makes all the difference in the world.

Yes, I will paint it up and also will have the cover shortend 3' as well. I plan to use the space behind the cab to mount a tow bar as well as an additional storage locker. I will use the truck as a recovery vehicle since I also set up a tow light system and have the airline connections as well. I am pondering putting on an additional air tank as well.

Attachments

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the looks of what you are doing. I have been trying to figure out a way to make my 923 fit in my driveway so I don't have to park it in the street and move it every 72 hours. It could stand to be 3-4' shorter.

More photos please!

Bolkbich

NICE TRUCK. Having the right tools for the job is key. The tow bar behind the cab is a good idea.I was going to put the hoist motor there but i think ill put it in the side compartment.

2buells

It is a VERY NICE TRUCK! Was fun to watch those two work on it all day in the rain...;-) I can't wait to see it with the shortened cover installed.

I can't believe how smooth it rides on the highway as well!

rrrr

I'll be taking the cover in tomorrow for shortening. I should have a few parts showing up today. Two of the corner latches are shot. I found a couple from the normal suppliers and will change those out.

My plan for the tow bar is to mount it on the front of the bed at the corner supports. I will use front bumper shackle retainers for the mount. I hope this works for a tidy installation. I should be able to get around to it this weekend if the weather cooperates. Maybe even get some painting done if it gets warm enough :)

466Navastar

Really like the short bed idea -

wonder if anyone has experience stretching a 900 series to a crew cab

Im scratching my head looking at the roofline......At this moment Im not sure how to stretch the roof...........the cab Im OK with how to stretch

any ideas appreciated

emr

Absolutely love the short wheel base cargo/ troop carriers that people like U are doing :) , For me they are soooo much cooler than a bober :):):) Still a real truck for sure, GREAT JOB SWEET :)

rrrr

Well the cover after carefull thought is not worthy of spending the money to shorten up. I need to find an excellent condition cover for the job.

Made some preliminary measurements and have a plan for the tow bar install on the front of the bed. I think it will look good and be easy to access.

I'm also looking for another M931/M932 storage box that sits next to the muffler to add more storage.

rrrr

The bed dimensions are now 9x7 instead of 12x7. I thought it might work as well but like indy4x4fab says its probably too small.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks