• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-923 A1 "Big Foot"

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought this kit and the paint accessories at a BX in Balad, Iraq in 2004. It made it home, but never was opened. I'd love to see it finished, but I have neither the time, nor the skills.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have 3 unbuilt kits, that I plan to use as basis of resin conversions

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post up some pics when you finish the build, quickfarms! I'm anxious to see it completed!

There is a hobby shop in the town where I work that has many completed model kits on display that people have donated for others to enjoy. I am always amazed at the work people do on these kits! It really takes patience and skill to do it right!

KsM715

Am I reading this wrong or is this a "classified" ad? It would appear to me that this very kit, not a location on where to get one, but this very kit, the one that oifvet bought is up for sale or dare I say up for free?

I might be wrong. I might look like the a-hole, but this is not the first thread tonight to get the "put it in the classifieds" reply.

Capt.Marion

I don't think this is for sale per se... it seems more like "free to a good home"which if I understand does not belong in the classifieds.

KsM715

Why is everyone biteh00n all the time i like the model an i'd like to no about gettin one good threads get deleted because some people all they have to do is complain
Because we have rules and its been preached by the Admin that they need to be followed. You let one slide today, tomorrow there will be two, and so on.

Would you not be able to find this if it were in the classifieds?

The OP is not a premium member so he can't place aclassified ad. So instead he chose to phrase it "I'm sure we can work something out" to try to keep from posting "for sale" and bydoing so thinking he can side-step the rules. We had a long discussion about side-stepping the rules not to long ago and I thought that was part of the reason for the infraction system we now have.

Why would "free to a good home" not belong in the classifieds?

Edit: Yes, I'm in a pissy mood. Deal with it.

M813A1

I may be wrong the way I read the thread is that . Olfet is asking if anyone could BUILD his model !! I do not think he was trying to sell it ??

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Post up some pics when you finish the build, quickfarms! I'm anxious to see it completed!

!
This pretty much closes this thread, the model has gone to QF, so everything is after the fact

KsM715

And your point is?

I know its already been done and can't be undone, but did he break the rule or not.
Is it OK to break some rules but not others? Thats my point.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting back to the model itself- whomever builds it, you will disappointed with the tires as they bear no resemblance to anything ever mounted on the real truck. There are, however, resin alternatives out there that replace them for a nice model, both the Michelin and Goodyear types.

Cheers

brownstone

I know this thread is forever old, but I thought I would post a few pictures of the one I finished. I found some resin tires online and they are great! Also the last picture is with my Herpa (HO scale) model of a modified M925 to match my M923.
Brownstone5657.jpg5658.jpg5659.jpg5660.jpg5661.jpg5662.jpg5664.jpg5665.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job, and those tires look good.
I am in the process of converting one of these kits to represent one of my M931's at moment, and another with a resin cab to be my M813.

I admit to really liking miniatures of vehicles (as well as the real thing). Those Roco/Herpa HO scale models are cool, I have collected them since I was a kid (early 70's), back when kids could afford them. I have representations of most of my vehicles, and several friends vehicles, on a shelf, sortof a club event in miniature. When a buddy gets a new vehicle, I like to give them a Roco/Herpa or Trident miniature of it if one is available.

Cheers

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks