• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picts of 2 of my rides!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool rigs,Ted! Welcome to SS!

TedG

Joel,

They are Continentals MP81(?) 14.5 x 20's and are a common tread for the 406's. I am currently working on setting it on Michelin XL's 15.5" x 20"

Thanks.

M1075

Holy COW, those rigs are SWEEEEETTTT. Does the Mog outperform the HUMVW or what? Are those Mog tires Continental 14.5R20 MPT?

TedG

Mogs win hands down. Tight turning radius (tighter than jeeps) and funner to drive. Since they are work horses (backhoe and dozer blade, gvw 14,000lbs), the 406's are limited in speed...45 max. Hmmwv's can be obtained for $15K to $40K just depends on the condition and mileage. This M1037 has 3100 miles on it and is unmolested...fun toy truck to drive around in.

Attachments

TedG

Yes, 3 way dump, dual hydraulics front and rear, pto front and rear. 6 cylinder 100hp NA diesel and 120hp by turning up the ip. It looks top heavy but it is not...CG is around frame height and they somewhat nose heavy without a rear load/implement.

Thanks for the comments!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dude, that is awesome!!!!!!!!! Now I want a 'Mog!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting, we love pics..... :D

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice Humvee, but thats a M998, NOT a M1037... the 1037 has a 6 or 9K winch......... If you need any humvee info, lemme know.. Nice to have another humvee owner here!

TedG

Hi emmando22,
Factory barcode and data plate say M1037 Shelter Carrier :D . M1038 is the winch model. This has/had the shelter carrier assembly in the bed.

Hi Brian,
Too embarrassed to tell it...but I will say this: It is the last time I lead the group in Ft. Custer Section 2A where they stick tanks and other larger lunkers! The picture is after the nose dive. 2 people 2 hours power washing, 60 gallons of flushing oil for crankcase, transmission, axels, portals. Kerosene engine flush and 3 oil filters, radiator core, propellor and clean underwear (kust kidding). Best part was it did not hydro-lock on the top side but full of crud on the bottom side. Thanks to David (rattlehead) for winching me out with all of his cable plus 2 straps...it was a long pull!

Attachments

TedG

No worries emmando22!

David, There is one on ebay with buy it now for $18K which seems like deal, else you might pay upwards to $25K. As always, depends on condition, hours on engine, number of implements included, location and how bad a person wants one! A front end loader with backhoe is just that...a work horse. A mog is that plus when you detach implements and you have a driveable go anywhere truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks